Deloitte is leading from the front with our commitment to military members, veterans, and their families.
Over the years, Deloitte has maintained our commitment to making America stronger. In FY14, we’re rolling out a more integrated, comprehensive approach that looks at military members and veterans more holistically (through both an emotional prosperity and career prosperity lens) and better aligns with military members’ and veterans’ needs.
As part of Deloitte’s commitment to the White House’s Joining Forces initiative, Deloitte piloted the Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program to help 50 transitioning armed forces members and veterans translate their skills, knowledge, and experiences into a business environment.
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs – defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company’s approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
As a military professional, you are used to assuming challenging work in areas of national security. At Leidos, you could continue to have a vital role in our customers’ ongoing missions.
The skills you developed in the service — from intelligence to logistics to engineering — are all easily transferable to what we do. We offer a corporate culture of respect, accountability, close teamwork, and the highest ethical conduct.
With several thousand veterans currently employed, Leidos has proven expertise in supporting veterans through their transition.
We serve all branches of the military, defense agencies, the intelligence community, homeland security, and other government agencies. With Leidos you can explore a wide range of opportunities in defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit https://www.leidos.com/careers/operation-mvp – See more at: https://www.veteranjobsmission.com/meet-the-coalition/leidos#sthash.BgOsdIh4.dpuf
- Transition successfully from a military leadership role to a store leadership role
- Make the shift from the military culture to the civilian business culture
- Learn the strategy, tactics and skills necessary to drive high-volume business in the retail department store arena
- Gain exposure to senior leaders from multiple business units across our company
- High exposure, multi-faceted and intensive training program sets the executive up for success after program completion
- At the conclusion of each rotation, you will have the opportunity to synthesize your learning experiences to senior level executives
What you will have the opportunity to do:
- Participate in a rotational executive development program:
- Own key business driving projects throughout the program with presentations to management at the conclusion of each rotation
- Take a leadership role in delivery of all company initiatives; clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team
- Develop relationships through mentors, peer sponsors and the Macy’s Veteran Networking Group
- Identify sales and profit improvement opportunities through analysis of business reports, customer logs, and competitive shopping. Develop action plans to address deficiencies
- Prepare and present strategies to all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree with solid academic record, all majors welcomed
- 4-10 years of military leadership, either as a Junior Military Officer or degreed Noncommissioned Officer
- Must be flexible following the program to relocate within your region
- Understanding of retail management lifestyle and demands
- Results-driven, passionate and committed to excellence and high standards
- Seeks to be the leader of people, wants to be in a position of influence
- Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team of executives
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams
- Communicates purposefully and takes charge of situations; excellent presentation/platform skills
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles
Textron Inc. is not only one of the world’s best known multi-industry companies, it is a pioneer of the diversified business model. Founded in 1923, we have grown into a network of businesses with total revenues of $12.1 billion, and approximately 32,000 employees with facilities and presence worldwide, serving a diverse and global customer base.
Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A., Textron is ranked 225th on the Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. companies. Organizationally, Textron consists of numerous subsidiaries and operating divisions, which are responsible for the day-to-day operation of their businesses (“Textron businesses”). While we take great pride in our long history, we are even more excited by the future. Our vision is to be the premier multi-industry company, recognized for our powerful brands, world-class enterprise processes and talented people. By placing customers first in everything we do, Textron continues to grow as an industry leader with strong brands such as Bell Helicopter, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Jacobsen, Lycoming, Textron Aviation, Textron Systems and TRU Simulation + Training, among others.