Deloitte is leading from the front with our commitment to military members, veterans, and their families.
Over the years, Deloitte has maintained our commitment to making America stronger. In FY14, we’re rolling out a more integrated, comprehensive approach that looks at military members and veterans more holistically (through both an emotional prosperity and career prosperity lens) and better aligns with military members’ and veterans’ needs.
As part of Deloitte’s commitment to the White House’s Joining Forces initiative, Deloitte piloted the Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program to help 50 transitioning armed forces members and veterans translate their skills, knowledge, and experiences into a business environment.
Military veterans are a natural fit for Hilton Worldwide. We share similar Values – like integrity, ownership and teamwork – which support our company’s Mission to become the preeminent global hospitality leader. Your understanding of cultural differences and diversity is also extremely valuable here, as is your ability to lead others. Hilton Worldwide is proud to hire former military men and women and military spouses. It is our commitment to hire 10,000 veterans within the next five years, and provide the training and educational opportunities to support your transition into our organization.
Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to supporting American military veterans and their families. Through our Operation: Opportunity initiative, Hilton Worldwide has made a commitment to hire 10,000 veterans by the end of 2018, and has already placed over 4,200 military in a wide range of positions throughout the U.S.
Among the positions we continuously seek to fill include:
- Guest Services and Front Desk Agents
- Culinary (Cooks, Kitchen Supervisors, Chefs)
- Banquets, Catering and Convention Services
- Restaurant and Food & Beverage Services
- Housekeeping & Laundry
We offer training and career advancement opportunities for those who intend to work hard, prove themselves and over time, acquire the needed operational experience and requisite skills for promotion within the ranks of the leading, global hospitality company.
Additionally, two new military internship educational programs offered through Kendall College and the University of Phoenix are available to help transitioning military receive education and experience that can lead to a career in hospitality management with Hilton Worldwide.
If you are transitioning from active duty, are a US Military Veteran or a Military Spouse with a passion and career focus in hospitality, visit our military career site today to discover a world of career opportunities.
EOE / AA / Disabled / Veteran
About Hilton Worldwide:
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. The company’s portfolio includes twelve world-class global brands and an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors.
Hilton Worldwide is proud to hire former military men and women in addition to welcoming the talent of military spouses. It is our commitment to hire 10,000 veterans to join our more than 4200 hotels around the world and our corporate offices within the next five years.
Hilton Worldwide is an Established Partner of:
– Joining Forces Campaign
– Military Spouse Employer Partnerships
– Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
– National Association of State Workforce Agencies
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs – defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company’s approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
As a military professional, you are used to assuming challenging work in areas of national security. At Leidos, you could continue to have a vital role in our customers’ ongoing missions.
The skills you developed in the service — from intelligence to logistics to engineering — are all easily transferable to what we do. We offer a corporate culture of respect, accountability, close teamwork, and the highest ethical conduct.
With several thousand veterans currently employed, Leidos has proven expertise in supporting veterans through their transition.
We serve all branches of the military, defense agencies, the intelligence community, homeland security, and other government agencies. With Leidos you can explore a wide range of opportunities in defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit https://www.leidos.com/careers/operation-mvp – See more at: https://www.veteranjobsmission.com/meet-the-coalition/leidos#sthash.BgOsdIh4.dpuf
- Transition successfully from a military leadership role to a store leadership role
- Make the shift from the military culture to the civilian business culture
- Learn the strategy, tactics and skills necessary to drive high-volume business in the retail department store arena
- Gain exposure to senior leaders from multiple business units across our company
- High exposure, multi-faceted and intensive training program sets the executive up for success after program completion
- At the conclusion of each rotation, you will have the opportunity to synthesize your learning experiences to senior level executives
What you will have the opportunity to do:
- Participate in a rotational executive development program:
- Own key business driving projects throughout the program with presentations to management at the conclusion of each rotation
- Take a leadership role in delivery of all company initiatives; clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team
- Develop relationships through mentors, peer sponsors and the Macy’s Veteran Networking Group
- Identify sales and profit improvement opportunities through analysis of business reports, customer logs, and competitive shopping. Develop action plans to address deficiencies
- Prepare and present strategies to all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree with solid academic record, all majors welcomed
- 4-10 years of military leadership, either as a Junior Military Officer or degreed Noncommissioned Officer
- Must be flexible following the program to relocate within your region
- Understanding of retail management lifestyle and demands
- Results-driven, passionate and committed to excellence and high standards
- Seeks to be the leader of people, wants to be in a position of influence
- Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team of executives
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams
- Communicates purposefully and takes charge of situations; excellent presentation/platform skills
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles