Deloitte is leading from the front with our commitment to military members, veterans, and their families.
Over the years, Deloitte has maintained our commitment to making America stronger. In FY14, we’re rolling out a more integrated, comprehensive approach that looks at military members and veterans more holistically (through both an emotional prosperity and career prosperity lens) and better aligns with military members’ and veterans’ needs.
As part of Deloitte’s commitment to the White House’s Joining Forces initiative, Deloitte piloted the Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program to help 50 transitioning armed forces members and veterans translate their skills, knowledge, and experiences into a business environment.
Honored to Serve the Military Community
Today, more than ever, a college education can give you an enormous advantage in both a military and civilian career. Unfortunately, the rigorous demands of the military lifestyle, including long hours, irregular schedules and frequent relocation, can make earning your degree difficult. For this reason, Grand Canyon University (GCU) has developed a military university program specifically to meet the needs of military professionals, DOD personnel and their families.
Benefits Rank High Among Military Students
In an era of smart weapons, the U.S. Armed forces are more sophisticated than ever before. As a result, demand for well-educated personnel is greater than ever. To answer this demand, GCU offers a robust and relevant education designed specifically for military professionals.
Through our academically challenging, values-based curriculum we prepare learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators and responsible leaders. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your career in the military or transition into the public sector, earning your degree from a leading military university – Grand Canyon University – can give you the competitive edge you’re looking for.
At GCU, one of the nation’s top military friendly schools, you learn in small, interactive classes taught by expert instructors who care about your success. You can attend classes on campus or online at the times that fit your schedule.We offer military university programs in many of today’s high-demand fields, including: business, communications, education, entrepreneurship, health services, justice studies, management, nursing, psychology, sociology and more.
Military veterans are a natural fit for Hilton Worldwide. We share similar Values – like integrity, ownership and teamwork – which support our company’s Mission to become the preeminent global hospitality leader. Your understanding of cultural differences and diversity is also extremely valuable here, as is your ability to lead others. Hilton Worldwide is proud to hire former military men and women and military spouses. It is our commitment to hire 10,000 veterans within the next five years, and provide the training and educational opportunities to support your transition into our organization.
Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to supporting American military veterans and their families. Through our Operation: Opportunity initiative, Hilton Worldwide has made a commitment to hire 10,000 veterans by the end of 2018, and has already placed over 4,200 military in a wide range of positions throughout the U.S.
Among the positions we continuously seek to fill include:
- Guest Services and Front Desk Agents
- Culinary (Cooks, Kitchen Supervisors, Chefs)
- Banquets, Catering and Convention Services
- Restaurant and Food & Beverage Services
- Housekeeping & Laundry
We offer training and career advancement opportunities for those who intend to work hard, prove themselves and over time, acquire the needed operational experience and requisite skills for promotion within the ranks of the leading, global hospitality company.
Additionally, two new military internship educational programs offered through Kendall College and the University of Phoenix are available to help transitioning military receive education and experience that can lead to a career in hospitality management with Hilton Worldwide.
If you are transitioning from active duty, are a US Military Veteran or a Military Spouse with a passion and career focus in hospitality, visit our military career site today to discover a world of career opportunities.
EOE / AA / Disabled / Veteran
About Hilton Worldwide:
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. The company’s portfolio includes twelve world-class global brands and an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors.
Hilton Worldwide is proud to hire former military men and women in addition to welcoming the talent of military spouses. It is our commitment to hire 10,000 veterans to join our more than 4200 hotels around the world and our corporate offices within the next five years.
Hilton Worldwide is an Established Partner of:
– Joining Forces Campaign
– Military Spouse Employer Partnerships
– Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
– National Association of State Workforce Agencies
- Transition successfully from a military leadership role to a store leadership role
- Make the shift from the military culture to the civilian business culture
- Learn the strategy, tactics and skills necessary to drive high-volume business in the retail department store arena
- Gain exposure to senior leaders from multiple business units across our company
- High exposure, multi-faceted and intensive training program sets the executive up for success after program completion
- At the conclusion of each rotation, you will have the opportunity to synthesize your learning experiences to senior level executives
What you will have the opportunity to do:
- Participate in a rotational executive development program:
- Own key business driving projects throughout the program with presentations to management at the conclusion of each rotation
- Take a leadership role in delivery of all company initiatives; clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team
- Develop relationships through mentors, peer sponsors and the Macy’s Veteran Networking Group
- Identify sales and profit improvement opportunities through analysis of business reports, customer logs, and competitive shopping. Develop action plans to address deficiencies
- Prepare and present strategies to all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree with solid academic record, all majors welcomed
- 4-10 years of military leadership, either as a Junior Military Officer or degreed Noncommissioned Officer
- Must be flexible following the program to relocate within your region
- Understanding of retail management lifestyle and demands
- Results-driven, passionate and committed to excellence and high standards
- Seeks to be the leader of people, wants to be in a position of influence
- Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team of executives
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams
- Communicates purposefully and takes charge of situations; excellent presentation/platform skills
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles
Headquartered in San Diego, California, SOLUTE is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a presence in many major military areas. The SOLUTE team specializes in creating powerful solutions to the most complex aviation, engineering, training, and management challenges. Our depth of technical expertise, extensive operational military experience, and successful history of contract support to the Department of Defense (DoD) provide a uniquely trusted and influential skill set to our clients.
Are you ready to join a talented team of expert leaders in a high-energy Department of Defense (DoD) focused company? SOLUTE is a forward-thinking company specializing in the fields of software, systems, and business process engineering, cyber security, enterprise architecture, program management, and more. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our military men and women with the latest technology, research, and development, now is a great time to join SOLUTE!
SOLUTE has a long history of service to DoD customers, particularly the U.S. Navy. With our proud military heritage and our participation in numerous operational, training, and test and evaluation exercises, we provide our clients with valuable reach-back to the Fleet. By maintaining a strong connection to DoD components, SOLUTE is uniquely positioned to provide both corporate clients and war-fighters with the tools necessary to meet requirements today and in the future. We know the importance of fully-integrated, expeditionary, networked, adaptable, and decentralized systems. We understand client interoperability, portability, and information exchange requirements. We know from experience that these characteristics depend upon information and technical superiority in any corporate, military, national, or global objective.
SOLUTE is a recognized industry leader in providing Software Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Program Management, Systems Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Information Assurance/Cyber Security, Avionics Integration, and other consulting services to the U.S. government and prime government contractors. SOLUTE customizes “The Power of Solutions” for each client, to instill a viable corporate vision, to manage the complexity of each enterprise, to overcome program roadblocks, to minimize risk, to create robust engineering and management solutions, to sustain those solutions, and to ultimately ensure team success.
Powerful solutions generate global success. Experience “The Power of Solutions” with SOLUTE!
Textron Inc. is not only one of the world’s best known multi-industry companies, it is a pioneer of the diversified business model. Founded in 1923, we have grown into a network of businesses with total revenues of $12.1 billion, and approximately 32,000 employees with facilities and presence worldwide, serving a diverse and global customer base.
Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A., Textron is ranked 225th on the Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. companies. Organizationally, Textron consists of numerous subsidiaries and operating divisions, which are responsible for the day-to-day operation of their businesses (“Textron businesses”). While we take great pride in our long history, we are even more excited by the future. Our vision is to be the premier multi-industry company, recognized for our powerful brands, world-class enterprise processes and talented people. By placing customers first in everything we do, Textron continues to grow as an industry leader with strong brands such as Bell Helicopter, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Jacobsen, Lycoming, Textron Aviation, Textron Systems and TRU Simulation + Training, among others.